I love creamy soup. Really, really love creamy soup. Since taking dairy out of my diet for the most part as I eat for my genotype, (I make exception from time to time), I miss my cream of mushroom, cream of leek...you get my drift.
So when a desire to use up some Brussels sprouts turned into a wonderful, creamy soup I was a very happy girl!
14 fresh cloves of garlic, roughly chopped and divided
3 cups fresh or thawed brussels sprouts, quartered
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. dried parsely
6 cups vegetable or chicken broth
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp cayenne (optional)
1 cup almond or nut milk of your choice (you can still use cream or milk if you want!)
What To Do:
1. In a large pot warm up the ghee (or melt the butter) together with the oil.
2. Sauté the onions and carrots, when the onions start to turn clear add half the garlic and continue sautéing for about 3-4 minutes.
3. Add the brussels sprouts, pepper, nutmeg, parsley, broth, salt and cayenne if using. Bring it to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
4. Add the remaining garlic.
5. Add the nut milk or milk, and blend with an immersion blender (or pour into a glass blender)
6. Serve with fresh grated pepper and fresh parsley if you have it!
7. Pair it with a couple of small slices of my Clean Flaxseed Focaccia!
Serves 6-10. Make a big batch and you can freeze it for later!
I have 3 spots left for a complimentary 20 minute session (worth $299) to find out how I can help you further reach your health goals. If you’d like to take advantage of this very personalized coaching, contact me today. Don’t wait! email@example.com